Up Pilgrim’s Trail to Wat Palaad and Back Down via Huay Kaeow Waterfall
A hike suitable for all levels of walkers with a good path nearly all the way, although the Pilgrims Trail is a little steep. The only iffy part is the top 200m of Huay Kaeow trail, where it is a bit slippery.
Dogs are not permitted
- Starting at Arboretum at 9am
- Walk through university grounds to start of Pilgrims Trail (30 mins)
- Walk up Pilgrims Trail to Wat Padaat (50 mins)
- Break for snack (30 mins)
- Walk down Doi Suthep road (20 mins) or flag down a songtaw and ride back (40bht)
- Walk down the Huay Kaeow Falls trail (50 mins)
- Arrive back at about 1pm
Wishes to remain anonymous
We will meet in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park) we will leave at 9:00 am. Please aim to get to the arboretum a little before 9.
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
Please bring :
- around 1-2 liters of water or more and snacks
- good footwear etc. hat, mozzie repellant and sunblock
- enthusiasm, energy and a sense of humour
Filed under: All posts