Circular hike from below Doi Kham
We will start at the foot of the stairs to the Doi Kham temple (which is just behind the Royal Flora Ratchaphruek).
Geo-coordinates for the starting point (in decimal degrees) are:
The attached map shows how to get from road 121 to the start of the hike.
People who want to join the hike should show up there just before 9:00 AM
Note that this will be a hike where dogs are allowed.
There will be at least 3 dogs.
There is another hike on the same day.
The hike will first go up the stairs to the temple. We can spend some minutes there to look around. Then we start following some ridges with ups and downs through rather dry forest area. Parts are slippery because of many fallen leaves, but for the rest it is not a difficult hike. Finally we will be going down to a quiet road which will take us back to the starting point. On that road is a coffee shop, and if it is open we can stop there for a cup of coffee. I think the distance will be around 9 – 10 km . The second half of the hike is very easy walking. I guess it would take 3 to 4 hours, depending on how long we stop on the way.
Hein and Ulf
If you want to join
Just turn up on time at the meeting place on the day.
This time we will meet before 09:00 the foot of the stairs to the Doi Kham temple (which is just behind the Royal Flora Ratchaphruek).
- Head straight out from the moat towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- Turn left into the Canal Road (route 121) and go south
- At the Royal Flora Ratchaphruek junction turn right and see map below (click to enlarge it)
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- good footwear etc. hat, mozzie repellant and sunblock
- energy, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts |