There is another more strenuous hike on Sunday 8th July.
This is an easy to moderate almost 11 km hike, and we will keep the pace leisurely and enjoyable.
Starting time is 8:45 at the National Park check point off Sameong Rd.* For those without their own transport, meet at the arboretum at 8am and organize transport together either by sharing rides or hiring a vehicle. If hiring transport plan a return pick up time of 2pm. If you don’t know the way to the starting point please give me a call (087-1808040) and I will meet you at the Samoeng/Canal Rd. intersection to lead the way.
We will hike up about 1 1/2 hr. on a wide dirt road which should be neither muddy nor dusty this time of year, and then down about 100 meters to the waterfall on a very steep and probably slippery trail. Here we will spend 30-45 minutes eating our pack lunches and enjoying the scenery. Any so inclined may also take a dip in the pool at the foot of the lovely waterfall. Care is needed as there is a risk of slipping on the wet rocks and where the water exits from the pool area there is a drop of tens of metres.
We then return to the starting point by the same route.
Hike Leader: Janet
This time we will meet at 08:45 hours at the National Park Gate on the Samoeng (1269) Road.
- From the Phucombe Junction of the Canal Road and Huay Kaew Road (121/1004) drive/ride south for c. 9.3 km
- At the junction of the Canal Road (121) and the Samoeng Road (1269) turn right and go west.
- The NP Entry Gate is on the right hand side after about 11.1 km
- Please note that parking inside the Park entrance is very limited and drivers who share their vehicles will have priority.
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more and snacks
- good footwear, swimwear etc. hat, insect repellent and sunblock
- lots of energy, enthusiasm and good humour
- If you need to hire a vehicle or get a ride you will need some money for the driver, perhaps 1-200 baht depending on numbers.
Filed under: All posts |