This is one of our classic hikes with a slight variation.
We will assemble at the Arboretum at 07:50 for an 08:00 hours departure by songtao to the barrier/check point on the road to Ban Khun Chang Khian. Please note that latecomers may be excluded if numbers have been agreed with the Song Taew drivers. Hopefully enough hikers will show up to fill the car; ten is a good number!
From there to the camping grounds there will be 2 options for the hikers. Those who want some off-road climbing can take the path up to the top of Doi Pui and then down to the campground, and those who prefer not can continue along the road to the campground.
We will meet there and walk along the road to the CMU coffee plantation and coffee shop. After refreshment we will then go on to Ban Khun Chang Khian and on down to Wat Pratat Doi Suthep via the 5 way junction where we will stop for our lunch break. The hike ends at the temple where we will take a songtao back to the arboretum. Please expect the up and down fares to be up to 150 bt depending on our numbers.
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day. We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 7:50 am in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
Please bring :
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks and lunch
- rain wear, umbrella in case of rain
- good footwear etc. hat, mozzie repellant and sunblock
- enthusiasm, energy and a sense of humour
Filed under: All posts |