Janet will lead the easy hiking group, which will car pool to an area off the Sameung road, where we will park the cars at a temple and begin our hike to 2 waterfalls, having our snacks or early lunch at the second one. The hike length is only about 5-6 km. on a fairly level forested path with a few steep parts. We should be back by 1pm.
Hike Leader: Janet
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
Meeting Place: Huay Kaeow Arboretum
This time we will meet at 7:50 am for an 8.00am start in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
Please bring :
- around 1.5-2 litres of water or more, snacks, packed lunch
- good footwear etc. hat, insect repellent and sunblock
- rain gear, umbrella in case of rain
- lots of energy, good humour and enthusiasm
Filed under: All posts |