For those looking for a more challenging hike, Paul will lead them on a circular route beginning from Ban Khun Chang Khian, this time taking a route to the east of the village and similar to the one done last Sunday. The loss and gain in elevation is approx. 450 meters and mostly on a wide, well used track, which can be quite slippery after rain. There are some beautiful views as the track passes through several lychee orchards. This hike should take 4-5 hours with an additional hour on each end to reach the starting point and then return to the arboretum.
Hike Leader: Paul
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
Meeting Place: Huay Kaeow Arboretum
This time we will meet at 7:50 am for an 8.00am start in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
Please bring :
- around 1.5-2 litres of water or more, snacks, packed lunch
- good footwear etc. hat, insect repellant and sunblock
- rain gear, umbrella in case of rain
- lots of energy, good humour and enthusiasm
Filed under: All posts |