This is a fairly challenging, circular hike, almost all uphill about 14 km. in length and will take about 5 hours. We will walk up alongside Huay Gaew waterfall, and continue up from Wang Bua Ban, crossing the road, continuing up, and work out way along a narrow trail to a stream, cross it, walk through a lychee orchard and up to the 5 way junction where we will eat our pack lunches. From there the trail is mostly downhill to Wat Prathat, where we can take a songtao back to the starting point. We should be back by 3pm.
Hike Leader: Janet
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
Meeting Place: Huay Kaeow Arboretum
This time we will meet at 7:50 am for an 8.00 am start in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
Please bring :
- around 1.5-2 litres of water or more, snacks, packed lunch
- good footwear etc. hat, insect repellent and sunblock
- rain gear, umbrella in case of rain
- lots of energy, good humour and enthusiasm
Filed under: All posts