TWO CASCADES HIKE is a new circular hike for the group, about 9 km. in length. Starting from the usual meeting point by the reservoir at the 700 Yr. Stadium we will walk up towards the cascade we have been to before, but then turn off onto another trail which takes a long circular route up another ridge trail to the top of another peak. This involves some long and quite steep climbing on a rocky trail, taking 1-2 hours, depending on the fitness of the group. Because the grass grows so quickly during the rainy season, we can expect to walk through high grass, but there are also some lovely views. Along the way we arrive at a lovely cascade where we will have lunch.Continuing on up we reach a more level, forested area and then come out on a trail we have hiked before, turn right on it and head back toward the original cascade. We will cross the stream at the top of it and then follow the steep trail down to the reservoir, coming out at the NW corner where there is a small waterfall, and so skirt along the western side of the reservoir, returning to the starting point. Although not long, the hike will probably take around 4 hours.
Hike Leaders: Pam & Chan
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 08:20 am for an 08:30 start in the car park at the South Western end of the dam behind the 700 years Stadium Sports Complex.
- Head straight out from the North West corner of the moat 2 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road (H.1004).
- Turn right onto the Canal Road H.121
- After 4.5 km going North turn left at traffic lights into the Stadium area.
- Keep straight for about 1 km
- Beware of the “sleeping policemen”
- pass through the check point after which the road goes uphill to reach the dam.
Please bring :
- around 1.5-2 litres of water or more, snacks, lunch
- good footwear etc. hat, insect repellant and sunblock
- rain gear, long pants
- lots of energy, good humour and enthusiasm
Filed under: All posts |