If you prefer to hike uphill rather than downhill, this will be a hike for you. Starting at the arboretum, we will walk up alongside Huay Kaew waterfall and continue up past Wang Bua Ban to Pha Ngerp, where we will cross the road and continue up the “middle path” to the 5 way junction for a snack break, and then up more until we come to Ban Khun Chang Khian. There are several noodle shops there where we can have lunch, or alternately we can continue on to the CMU coffee shop where we can have coffee with our pack lunches.
We will return from the coffee shop to the arboretum by song tao.
This is a fairly long hike, perhaps 13-14 km. and will probably take at least 5 hours. I would expect we will be back at the arboretum by 2:30-3pm.
Hike Leader: Janet
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:50 in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- small money for transport (up to 180 baht).
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: Recent Events