This is a moderately difficult hike of 5.76 km, lasting about 2 – 3 hours. Some parts of the trail are steep and may be slippery as they can be wet at this time of year.
Dogs are not permitted
We will meet at the Galaire Restaurant at 09:00.
Directions to the Galaire restaurant:
- Go out to the end of Suthep Rd. Pass the back entrance of Chiang Mai Uni on Suthep Rd.
- After the road starts rising sharply keep on following the road as it curves round to the left . You will see the Galaire Restaurant on your left hand side after less than 1 km after the road starts rising sharply (it’s on the right side of the small lake up there.
We will :
- walk up the trail from the Galaire Restaurant a view point on the road that goes up to Wat Doi Suthep. We will stop there to enjoy the view and rest a bit.
- walk a little less than a kilometer and a half down the road.
- then take the turn off into Wat Palaad stop at the Wat for a few minutes.
- continue down the Pilgrim’s trail from Wat Palaad (about 2 km).
- Walking down the paved road just after the entrance to the nature trail (we’re walking it backwards!) we’ll come to a gate on the right which is a shortcut back to the Galaire restaurant.
Here is the link to the route map, we will travel clockwise around it.
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day. There is no need to let us know you are coming. We do not cater for groups.
- Bring around 1.5-2 liters of water or more and snacks
- Good footwear etc. hat, mozzie repellant, sunblock and rain gear
If it rains
If it is raining heavily we will probably cancel the hike. But in the case of lighter rain if it looks like the weather might clear up we will probably go ahead with the hike and brave the rain which will at least cool us down.
Filed under: All posts |