To Dtaat Mook Waterfall, Optional Swim at Huay Tung Thao
Dogs are not permitted on this hike
This will be a 6km round trip morning walk, fairly short brisk walk for fairly fit hikers to see the waterfall and back. A shady trail through the jungle mostly beside a stream with rapids and smaller waterfalls all the way up. A very pretty walk. Dtaat Mook waterfall is right at the top and very impressive at the moment.
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day. There is no need to let us know you are coming. Please note we do not cater for groups.
Golden Buddha Next to Huay Tung Thao Lake at 08:30 hours
Huay Tung Thao is 12 km out of town from the North East corner of the moat.
- Driving around the outside of the moat turn left onto Huay Kaeow Rd after the Chiang Mai Ram Hospital. This is the road running out from the NE corner of the moat.
- You will pass Central Kad Suan Kaeow after about 100 m on the left.
- Drive on through the Amari Rincomb intersection, to the Phucombe intersection. The Phucombe intersection is the second major 4 way, traffic lighted, intersection, it is 2 km from the moat.
- Turn right onto the Canal Road and keep going for 6.8 km.
- You will see a sign for the turn off for the Huay Tung Thao lake on the left. Turn left.
- Continue for 2.2 km to the lake. Pay 20 Baht per person at the toll booth.
- When you get to the lake turn left and go around the lake for another 1.1 km.
- You will see the large standing Buddha. We will meet near there. You made it!
See also map below :
Please bring :
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more and snacks
- good footwear etc. hat, mozzie repellant and sunblock
- bring a swimming costume and possibly towel if you want to take a swim in Huay Tung Thao aferwards
- enthusiasm, energy and a sense of humour
Filed under: All posts