This is a fairly easy hike, probably no more than 5 km. and taking about 3 hrs. including a late breakfast (or early lunch) break at the falls. There may be part of the way in which the trail is overgrown, but the route also includes a rather scenic section which we have not yet done as a group. Since this is a low level hike we can be sure there are no leeches, and can expect the weather to be rather warm, unless winter suddenly descends on us.
Hike Leader: Janet
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 08:30 am for an 08:45 start in the car park at the South Western end of the dam behind the 700 years Stadium Sports Complex.
- Head straight out from the North West corner of the moat 2 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road (H.1004).
- Turn right onto the Canal Road H.121
- After 4.5 km going North turn left at traffic lights into the Stadium area.
- Keep straight for about 1 km
- Beware of the “sleeping policemen”
- pass through the check point after which the road goes uphill to reach the dam.
Please bring :
- around 1.5-2 litres of water or more, snacks, lunch
- good footwear etc. hat, insect repellent and sunblock
- lots of energy, good humour and enthusiasm
Filed under: All posts |