We plan to meet at the Arboretum at 7:50 AM and leaving at 8:00 AM. We will cross the street from the arboretum, follow a small soi for a bit more than a kilometer before we start going up to Chang Kian Waterfall where we will have a short break . We will afterwards cross the Waterfall , climb up the mountain for 20 to 30 minutes and then walk down to the Doi Suthep Road. We will cross the road and go down to Wan Bua Ban Waterfall and Huay Kaew Waterfall. Totally around 3 hours, some steep sections, but in general easy to medium hike.
Hike leader: Pam
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:50 in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks and, maybe, picnic lunch
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts |