A circular hike of about 5 hours duration. First half uphill from Arboretum to 5-ways junction where there would be a stop for snacks. Thence downhill along the valley of the Chiang Khian stream (below the Hidden Waterfall) and back to Arboretum.
A reasonable degree of physical fitness required for the ascent to 5-ways junction with a minimum number of stops envisaged on the way up.
Hike leader: Richard
Meeting time 07.50 at Arboretum for sharp 08.00 start.
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:50 in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more and snacks
- good footwear etc. hat, maybe rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts |