This time we will meet at the earlier time of 07:30 AM for a 7:40 AM start in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum, also known as the exercise park. (Please see directions below)
We will park our cars & motorbikes there and take a taxi go to the area of Wat Pong Noi ( around 15 minutes ). From there we will walk up the ridge to Doi Suthep.On our way to Doi Suthep, we will take a short break for a snack around 1 hour before arriving at Doi Suthep Car Park, where we will have lunch. Afterwards we will take a taxi back down to Huay Kaeow Arboretum. The hike will be around 4 hours, softly going up, not too strenuous. Price for taxi to Wat Pong Noi in the morning and down to Arboretum after lunch combined 80 Baht per person.
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:30 in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks
- small money for transport (80 baht) and lunch near the Temple car park.
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts |