We will meet at the arboretum (see map below) at 7:45 AM for a punctual 8:00 AM departure to the Waterfall Valley Cafe in the area of Doi Kamm. We will carpool/share motorbikes to go the Waterfall Cafe, which will be a 30 minutes drive. From the Waterfall Cafe we will first walk on a small street for around 20 to 30 minutes before we start our loop which will be a hike of around 4 hours. If desired, we can bring the fit hikers to a higher viewpoint during the lunch break of the group. After we finished the hike we will return to Arboretum.
Hike Leaders: Pam and Rudi
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:45 in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts |