I hear the cherry trees are starting to bloom!
This is a moderate hike: mostly easy but including a steep downhill section. Estimated distance is 10 km and time 4 hrs. including break time. We will hike from the Ban Khun Chang Khian checkpoint up to the top of Doi Pui, and then down the north face, arriving at the cherry blossom area and the CMU coffee shop in time to enjoy a break for coffee, snacks and lunch. We will then continue back along the road to the check point.
Plan: Meet at the arboretum at 7:50 to leave at 8am. We will hire songtao up to the starting point and arrange for it to meet us there at the end. After adding the travel, hike and break time, we should be back at the arboretum by 1:30.
Hike Leader: Janet
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place at the right time on the day.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:50 in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
- around 1.5-2 litres of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- small money for transport (200 baht).
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts