This is a circular walk that starts and finishes at the south western end of the dam behind the 700th Year Stadium at an altitude of c. 340 metres. There is no serious uphill hiking and minimal steep sections. It will be an unhurried easy walk or gentle stroll. We will break for an hour or so to have lunch at a lakeside restaurant. Those who wish may take a dip in the lake during the lunch break.
Estimated time 5 – 7 hours, distance 12 – 13 kms round trip.
- meet at the South Western end of the dam behind the 700 years Stadium for an 09:30 am start.
- walk on a low level track towards Huay Tung Taew with few ups and downs at altitudes between 335 metres and 390 metres.
- the trail takes us through some open country but mainly forest.
- On reaching the HTT reservoir we follow the track round the reservoir and stop for lunch at a restaurant on the “beach” area where those who fancy getting wet may take a dip.
- We complete the circuit round HTT and follow trails that will bring us back to the starting point.
Walk Leader: Brian
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place at the right time on the day.
We cannot accommodate groups.
Sorry! no dogs on this one
This time we will meet before 09:30 am in the car park at the South Western end of the dam behind the 700 years Stadium.
- Head straight out from the North West corner of the moat 2 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road (H.1004).
- Turn right onto the Canal Road H.121
- After 4.5 km going North turn left at traffic lights into the Stadium area.
- Keep straight for about 1 km and pass through the check point after which the road goes uphill to reach the dam.
You may wish to bring :
- around 1.5-2 litres of water or more and snacks.
- NB: we plan to have lunch at a restaurant.
- towel, dry clothes and plastic bag if taking a dip
- good footwear etc. hat, mozzie repellent and sunblock
- lots of energy, good humour and enthusiasm
Filed under: All posts