This hike is based on a what was devised by Harry in 2009 as being a slow and easy counterpart to his longer and faster hike of December 2009 for the main group.
We will meet at the Arboretum before 09:00 hours and drive up to, and park at, Ban Khun Chang Khian (1,350 m). We might indulge in coffee before hiking through the village and going off into the forest on a downhill track. We reach the lowest point of 924 m after about 4 km where we will find a spot for rest and refreshments. Then we continue on an uphill track of about another four km that brings us back to the village. It will probably take about five hours of leisurely hiking over a distance of 8.4 km.
Hike leaders: Brian and Janet
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet before 09:00 in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- correct money for transport (at least 200 bt).
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts