This is a high level hike, moderate in length and difficulty. With the present haze we are not likely to have any views to speak of, but will look over the mountain top hopefully. Since this is Easter Sunday we will plan to start a bit later than usual. We will meet at the arboretum before 9am and travel up to Ban Doi Pui by song tao, planning for it to pick us up there at 2:30-3pm after the hike. Plan to bring snacks, a pack lunch and plenty of water to quench your thirst in the heat, at least 2-2.5 liters. You will need 180 baht for the song tao and 10 baht for entrance to the garden at Ban Doi Pui. Try to have small bills available.
As some of our regular hikers will have left by Sunday we can expect a smaller group than we have had recently. Hope those of you who are still around will plan to come!
Hike Leader: Janet
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 09:00 in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
- around 2-2.5 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- correct money for transport (at least 180 bt) and 10 bt for the garden fee.
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts |