Here is another high level hike done on shady trails. We will meet at the arboretum at 7:50 for an 8am start. We will take a song tao up to the Khun Chang Khian check point/barrier, walk along the road to the coffee shop, where we will have a short break before walking through the Hmong village and down to the 5 way junction, where we will eat our pack lunches. We will continue on to the temple and return to the arboretum by song tao. This is an easy to moderate hike and should take about 5 hrs., including our coffee and lunch breaks. You will need plenty of water, a pack lunch, and approximately 150 baht for song tao and 30 baht for coffee.
Hike Leaders: Pam and Janet
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet before 07:50 in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
- around 2-2.5 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- correct money for transport (at least 150 bt) and 30 bt for the coffee.
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts |