We will meet at the arboretum (see map below) at 7:50 AM for a punctual 8:00 AM departure to the Waterfall Valley Cafe in the area of Doi Kamm. We will pool/share cars/motorbikes to go the Waterfall Cafe, which will be a 30 minutes drive. From the Waterfall Cafe we will first walk along the dust road and then we will start to hike slowly uphill.This hike will take us around 4 hours and we plan to have only one break of around 20 minutes for snacks at a stream and take our lunch at the Valley Café after we have finished. This is a medium hike .
Please don’t be late as we leave on time.
Hike Leaders: Ulf&Anders.
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:50 for an 08:00 hours start in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park). . There is no need to let us know you are coming.
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
- some money for lunch.
Filed under: All posts |