As we had to cancel our hike last Sunday, we plan to do the same one Sunday this week. We will meet at the same place and same time (i.e. 7:50 at Arboretum for an 8:00 am start) and share/pool cars and motorbikes to drive to the starting point, which is Mae Hia Nai village/Doi Kamm (estimated 20 -25 minutes driving time). The hike will be around 3 hours including snack break and will be led by Ulf. After the hike is finished, we could have our lunch at the Valley Cafe.
Hike Leader: Ulf
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:50 for an 08:00 am start in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).There is no need to let us know you are coming.
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
Please don’t be late as we leave on time.
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks, and some money for lunch.
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts