This Sunday’s hike will be a high altitude one as the temperatures are still quite warm. We will be starting and ending at the Valley cafe in Mae Hia Nai village, following we will be walking slowly uphill for 1 hour 20 minutes. It will take us to the same water stream as last Sunday’s hike .We will take a break for a snack about 10 to 15 minutes and then continue walk uphill for another 1:30 hours. until we will be on the top of the mountain where we will have our lunch. . This is a moderate hike with some lovely views. This hike will take us around 5:30 hours to 6 hours depending on the group. We will meet at 07:30 at Arboretum car park for a 07:40 am start and share/pool cars and motorbikes to drive to the starting point, which is Mae Hia Nai village/Doi Kamm (estimated 25-30 minutes driving time).
Hike Leader: Pam
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:30 for an 07:40 hours start in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park). . There is no need to let us know you are coming.
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
Please don’t be late as we leave on time.
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts