This is an easy to moderate hike, high enough to be reasonably cool and low enough to avoid leeches. We will meet at the arboretum at 08:15 for an 08:30 start (just in case it rains earlier). Then travel by songtaw to the temple parking lot, both up and back. Lunch will be at one of the restaurants across from the palace, which always have a good selection of delicious food. We should be back at the arboretum before 1pm.
Hike leader Janet
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 08:15 for 08:30 start in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks
- money for restaurant lunch at Ban Buphing
- correct money for transport (at least 80 bt).
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts |