This is a fairly level hike, from the dam at the 700 Year Stadium across to Huay Tung Tao and back It is about 8-9 km rounds trip and should take about 4 hours from start to finish. We will meet at the 700 year Stadium at 07:30 hours for an 07:40 start the hike. We will use the path around the left of the reservoir both coming and going. This has a few short ups and downs, but it is shady and easy to find our way Once at the lake we will eat our brunch at a restaurant and any who would like to swim may do so.
Hike Leader: Anders.
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:30 for an 07:40 hours start in the car park at the South Western end of the dam behind the 700 years Stadium.There is no need to let us know you are coming.
- Head straight out from the North West corner of the moat 2 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road (H.1004).
- Turn right onto the Canal Road H.121
- After 4.5 km going North turn left at traffic lights into the Stadium area.
- Keep straight for about 1 km and pass through the check point after which the road goes uphill to reach the dam.
Please don’t be late as we leave on time.
- around 1.1-5 liters of water or more, some snacks.
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
- some money.
Filed under: All posts |