For our hike this Sunday we will meet at the Arboretum car park at 7:50 am for a 8:00 am start. We will share/pool cars and motorbikes to go up to Doi Pui Village . In case many people show up and we do not have enough place with cars/motorbikes, we will take a Songtao (THB 160 per person for both ways and 10 THB for the entrance fee to doi poi garden).
The hike will start at the lower parking area of Doi Pui Village. First we will walk on a very easy trail towards the junction of Buddha Foot Print, which will take around 40 min. Afterwards we will have a relatively easy uphill walk for around 30 min followed by a short break at a small Sala at the start of the south-east ridge. Then we will hike downhill for around 1 hour 10 minutes . At the end of the ridge we will take another short break and take a twisting trail towards the dirt road that leads back up to Doi Pui Village. This will take around 2 hours.
Estimated time for the hike around 4.5 hours followed by lunch at a restaurant in the village. Back in town probably 3 PM.
(In case if is raining heavily on Sunday morning, I might be changing the meeting time-please check on Sunday morning for any updates in the webpage)
Hike Leader: Anders.
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:50 for an 08:00 hours start in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park). . There is no need to let us know you are coming.
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
Please don’t be late as we leave on time.
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks.
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
- some money.
Filed under: All posts |