We will meet at the train station 7am and plan to leave at 7:15 sharp, car pooling to Khun Tan National park, 1 ½ hour’s drive southeast on the border between Lampoon and Lampang. If you have a Thai driver’s license bring it along as proof of your residence. If you are a tourist, be prepared to pay a 200 baht park entrance fee, though our usual experience has been that we are all charged the Thai price of 20 baht. We will park at the Yaw 1 level and walk up to Tip Top (Yaw 4), approximately 5.5 km., where we will eat our pack lunches. Alternately we may decide to stop at Yaw 3, where the cabins are located, depending on the group and the weather. There are lovely views both places if the day is clear. After lunch we will return by the same route and should be back in Chiang Mai by 3-3:30. If you are a passenger, be prepared to pay your driver 200 baht.
Leaders: Pam and Janet
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:00 am sharp at the main entrance of Chiang Mai Railway Station (pictured above).
- Head out to Nawarat Bridge.
- Cross the bridge and keep going out on Charoen Mueang Rd.
- The Railway Station is on the right after 1.9 km.
- Enter the railway station and meet us at the main entrance to the station itself. It is better to park outside as there is a charge for parking after 20 minutes in the car park.
See the map below (click to enlarge it).
- around 1.5-2 litres of water or more, snack, pack lunch
- money for park entrance and your driver
- good footwear etc. hat, mozzie repellent and rain gear
- lots of energy and good humour
Filed under: All posts