We will meet at the Arboretum car park at 7:00 am for a 7:10 am take-off. We plan to share/pool cars and motorbikes to our starting point on Samoeng Road , which will be a 30-40 minutes drive. If you are a passenger, please pay THB 100 to your driver.This is an outstandingly beautiful hike with 2 hidden valleys and a spectacular waterfall with a big lagoon for swimming. Bring along your swimming suits if you would like to take a refreshing cooling-off ! We will have several short breaks and a longer one for around 40 minutes at the waterfall with the lagoon. This is a medium-level hike ( elevation at start point 507 M, highest point 818 M, finish point 396 M) with start-and endpoint being different locations. Please be prepared for a 6 hours hike , but including driving times and potential hold-ups , we recommend to reserve the whole day ! Afterwards we have an option to take snacks, drinks, food … at the Valley Cafe.
Hike Leader: Pam & Anders.
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:00 for an 07:10 hours start in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park). . There is no need to let us know you are coming.
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
Please don’t be late as we leave on time.
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts