We will meet at the Arboretum car park at 7:30 am for a 7:40 am take-off. We plan to share/pool cars and motorbikes to our starting point at the stairs up to Wat Doi Kam, which will be a 20 minutes drive. If you are a passenger, please pay THB 100 to your driver. We walk along the road towards the Valley Café, about 4 kilometers, and at the junction that leads to the Valley Café, we turn left and follow the road up to the top. Here there is a small rest area. We stop for refreshment and have our snacks. After we turn left and follow a trail up to the next top, above the Night Safari ,about 4 kilometers. We have a break here and look at the beautiful view down to Samoeng Rd. After we proceed towards to Wat Doi Kam for about 4 kilometers. We will hike up on a pair of mountain ridges and then go down to the temple for photography and eat ice cream and more snacks. After we walk down at the stairs to the start point and the cars.
Afterwards we have an option to take snacks, drinks, food… at a nice restaurant near Wat Doi Kam
Hike time approximately 4 hours, depending on the group.
Hike level: easy to medium.
Distance : 11- 12 kilometers
Hike Leader: Ulf.
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:30 for an 07:40 hours start in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park). . There is no need to let us know you are coming.
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
Please don’t be late as we leave on time.
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks,
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
- Some money for transport, food as necessary.
Filed under: All posts