For the hike we will do on Sunday September 29th, we are planning to head to Mae Sa Road. As we need some time to go there, we intend to meet quite early at 7:30 am at the car park of the 700 year Stadium (please see exact description and map below). We will pool/share cars and motorbikes and plan to leave at 7:45 am. We will reach our starting point on Mae Sa Road after around 20 to 30 minutes and we envisage starting the hike between 8:15 am and 8:30 am. The hike itself is a circular hike ,will have a duration of around 5.5 to 6 hours and requires medium to good endurance. There is no beaten path, which means that we will walk through sometimes thick forest. For this reason, we recommend to wear long trousers/slacks as in some areas we will have to walk through high and strong blades of grass. There are quite many very steep uphill and downhill sections, but they all require a maximum of 5 to 10 minutes efforts each. Nevertheless we might need to help each other and we will also bring a rope in case we need some additional support.
After the hike we could have refreshments and meals at a local restaurant with excellent food and low prices.
Hike Leader: The three Musketeers — Anders, Chan and Pam
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:30 for an 07:45 hours start in the car park at the 700 years Stadium ( please see the map).There is no need to let us know you are coming.
- Head straight out from the North West corner of the moat 2 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road (H.1004).
- Turn right onto the Canal Road H.121
- After 4.5 km you will see the traffic lights don’t go into the Stadium area.
- when you are at traffic lights of 700 years stadium you will see the big parking area on canal road in front of 700 years stadium.
Please don’t be late as we leave on time.
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts |