On next Sunday, October 6th we are planning to do an easy 8.5 km high level loop with cooler temperatures, the smell of pine trees and beautiful, panoramic, long distance ridge views to the North (Doi Chiang Dao) and South (Doi Pui) with a total of only 400m of gentle altitude gain/loss. Suitable for all, with 3-4 hours walking (and about 45 mins drive each way). Shortcuts and vehicle access possible for any who may falter. Gentle ups and downs, mostly along little-used vehicle tracks. Many ridge top viewpoints, especially at the start/finish and half-way point (Doi Lor/Doi Khom Rong, 1,447m). Nice view and restaurant at the end of the loop (but not cheap). Early start to allow people to (a) avoid later traffic and finish walking by lunchtime, and (b) either get home early, or visit the nearby Royal Project, Botanical Gardens or other Mae Sa valley attractions/resorts in the afternoon.
Hike Leader: pam
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
And dogs welcome
This time we will meet at 07:30 for an 07:45 hours start in the car park in front of 700 years Stadium on calnal Road. we will share/pool cars and motorbikes to our starting point If you are a passenger, please pay THB 100 to your driver. There is no need to let us know you are coming.
- Head straight out from the North West corner of the moat 2 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road (H.1004).
- Turn right onto the Canal Road H.121
- After 4.5 km you will see the traffic lights (don’t go into the 700 yeas Stadium area).
- when you are at traffic lights of 700 years stadium you will see the big parking area on calnal road in front of 700 years stadium.
- ( please see the map).
Please don’t be late as we leave on time.
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks.
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
- 100 THB for your driver and some money for your lunch.
Filed under: All posts |