For this Sunday’s hike we will meet at the car park of the 700-year-Stadium at 8:00 AM ( same place as before , see map below !). We will leave at 8:10 AM sharing/pooling cars and motorbikes . Time we need to reach our Starting point on Mae Sa Road should be 20-25 minutes. If you are a passenger, please help the Car Owner/Driver with 100 Baht for fuel. This will be an easy hike with moderate ups and downs. For the first 45 minutes we will walk on a dirt road before we will arrive at a village where we will then walk up some stairs to a temple. After having taken a short 5 minute break at the temple , we will walk on a trail along a ridge for around 20 -30 minutes before we come back to the dirt road and take a break of around 15-20 minutes at a water stream. Total time of the hike should not be more than 3.5 hours . Afterwards we can go to a local restaurant for lunch/drinks.
Hike Leader: Pam & Anders.
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 08:00 for an 08:10 hours start in the car park at the 700 years Stadium ( please see the map).There is no need to let us know you are coming.
- Head straight out from the North West corner of the moat 2 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road (H.1004).
- Turn right onto the Canal Road H.121
- After 4.5 km you will see the traffic lights (don’t go into the Stadium area.)
- when you are at traffic lights of 700 years stadium you will see the big parking area on canal road in front of 700 years stadium.
Please don’t be late as we leave on time.
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks.
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts