This Sunday’s hike will have a severity of medium to difficult. We will meet on December 8th, 2013 at 7:30 am at the Arboretum car park ( see map below) and will leave on time at 7:40 am with cars/motorbikes ( sharing/pooling) to Wang Bua Ban Waterfall. Probably not more than a 10 -15 minutes drive. From our starting point, we will walk slowly uphill – with some rather steep sections – for 2.5 to 3 hours. Before we start walking down to a beautiful Farm area, we will have a short break.
After we will have arrived at the Farm area, we will take our lunch. After lunch, our hike will continue to be a downhill descent for around 2 hours until we will arrive at Chang Kian Waterfall . Once we will get to Chang Kian Waterfall, we will have another short break followed by a 20 minutes-uphill walk and a short downhill promenade back to our matutinal starting point. Total estimated duration of the hike : Around 6 hours
Hike Leader: Pam & Anders
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:30 for an 07:40 hours start in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park). . There is no need to let us know you are coming.
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
Please don’t be late as we leave on time.
- around 2-2.5 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts