For our hike on Sunday, December 29th, we will meet at the Parking place of the 700-year Stadium at 8:00 am( please see map below), sharing/pooling cars and motorbikes to our Starting Point at Huay Tung Tao leaving at 8:10 am.
The Starting Point will not be the Golden Buddha !
As we need to go inside the HTT-Recreation Area , please prepare THB 20 entrance fee per person.
We plan to offer two options/ different groups for the hike on Sunday, but both starting and ending at the same point and after roughly the same estimated duration which should be 3 to 3.5 hours:
The group for the fast and experienced hikers with a special finish – going up to the top of Dtaat Mook Waterfall
Hike Leader: Anders
Option 2 :
The group for people who prefer a more relaxing walk and taking a bit more time to enjoy the nature , no demanding fitness/endurance level required -highest altitude around 270 m.
The estimated distance is around 9.1 km for Option 2 , a little bit more for Option 1 .
As mentioned above , the two groups will join together after the hike(s) and we plan to have lunch and/or drinks afterwards. In case that anybody will get lost : The restaurants around Huay Tung Tao lake have numbers and we intend be at restaurant Number 2!
Hike Leader: Pam & Anders.
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 08:00 Am for an 08:10 hours start at the car park in front of the 700 years Stadium ( please see the map).There is no need to let us know you are coming.
- Head straight out from the North West corner of the moat 2 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road (H.1004).
- Turn right onto the Canal Road H.121
- After 4.5 km you will see the traffic lights (don’t go into the Stadium area.)
- when you are at traffic lights of 700 years stadium you will see the big parking area on canal road in front of 700 years stadium there we will meet.
(Please click on map to enlarge)
Please don’t be late as we leave on time.
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks.
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy,team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts |