We will meet at the arboretum at 7:30 for a 7:45 start. As this is CMU graduation weekend and the opening day for Maya shopping mall we can expect more traffic than usual. To avoid taking more vehicles up the mountain, we will go by song tao to the temple and walk to Ban Khun Chang Khian via the 5 way junction, and then on to the CMU coffee shop for coffee with our lunch. Afterward we will continue on up the road to see more saukura. Unfortunately the flowers are past their peek. The song tao will meet us at the “check point”. The hike should take 4-41/2 hours.
Hike leader: Janet
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:30 in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- correct money for transport (at least 150 bt).
- good footwear etc. hat, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts |