This is quite an easy hike in a new area, at high elevation and with good views. Hike distance will be 10km and hike time should be less than 4 hours. Meeting point 07.30 in the car park outside the main gate of 700-year sports stadium, located directly off the Canal Road.We will car share and travel in convoy to the starting point, which is 1 hour drive from the stadium. In case you are a passenger, please contribute to the costs of gasoline with THB 100 per person.The starting point ( co-ordinates of the start point are N 18 53.333; E 98 47.333) is located about 2 km north of Highway 1096 (the Mae Rim to Samoeng Highway), turning right off the highway about 10km past Pong Yaeng Village.We will hike northwards for 4km along forest trails until we meet a small road, where we will stop for a snack break. There is one steep downhill section, but with good footing. Some parts are a little overgrown, but no serious bushwacking will be required.After our snack break we will return to the starting point along a quiet road offering fine views. The road is hard-top for the first couple of kilometres and then becomes packed earth for the remainder of the way.Don’t forget the sunblock, since we will be hiking the exposed return leg at close to midday. At an altitude of over 1,000 meters, however, the temperature should be pleasantly cool.
Hike Leader: Richard.
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:30 Am for an 07:40 hours start at the car park in front of the 700 years Stadium ( please see the map).There is no need to let us know you are coming.
- Head straight out from the North West corner of the moat 2 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road (H.1004).
- Turn right onto the Canal Road H.121
- After 4.5 km you will see the traffic lights in front of 700 years stadium
- when you are at traffic lights of 700 years stadium you will see the big parking area on canal road there where we will meet (And please make sour that you don’t go inside the stadium area thank you).
(Please click on map to enlarge)
Please don’t be late as we leave on time.
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch.
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy,team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour
- In case you are a passenger, please contribute to the costs of gasoline with THB 100 per person
Filed under: All posts |