For the next Sunday, we are planning an excursion which will include a hike as well as River-Bamboo Rafting. We will share cars and motorbikes and go to Mae Taeng District, which will takes us probably between 40 to 50 minutes. Once we will arrive at the foreseen area, we will park our cars and motorbikes along Mae Taeng Road, next to the Mae Taeng River. We will first cross a bridge, walk along a dirt road for 20 minutes, climb up a hill for 5minutes and will come up to a ridge. We will then hike along the ridge ( no real trail, but easy to walk) for another 20 minutes , get to a jungle trail, climb up steeply for 10 minutes, followed by a 10-15 minutes break on top of the mountain. After the break we will walk again along a ridge for about half an hour before we will descent for a very short time down to the Elephant Camp along the Mae Taeng River.
At the Elephant Camp, we will take Bamboo-Rafting-Crafts going down the river for 45 minutes. As restaurants are expensive in that area, please prepare your own lunch , which we will eat during our boat trip. After the rafting is finished, it will take us about 10 minutes to walk back to our cars and motorbikes.
The price for the Bamboo Rafting will be 250 Baht per person.
Total Hiking time to be an estimated 3.5 hours, total time for hiking and going back to the cars including boat trip will be 4.5 hours.
Please wear long trousers ( Mimosa Plants !).
Hike Leader: Pam & Chan
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:50 Am for an 08:00 hours start at the car park in front of the 700 years Stadium ( please see the map).There is no need to let us know you are coming.
- Head straight out from the North West corner of the moat 2 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road (H.1004).
- Turn right onto the Canal Road H.121
- After 4.5 km you will see the traffic lights in front of 700 years stadium
- when you are at traffic lights of 700 years stadium you will see the big parking area on canal road there where we will meet (Please make sure that you don’t go inside the stadium area ! Thank you).
(Please click on map to enlarge)
Please don’t be late as we leave on time.
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks.
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy,team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
- In case you are a passenger, please contribute to the costs of gasoline with THB 100 per person
Filed under: All posts