The last time we did this hike was in May, and we were caught by rain, unprepared. It is at high elevation, and has lovely views, is of moderate difficulty, and should take 4-5 hours.
We will meet at the arboretum at 7:50 for an 8:00 start. Transportation to the Hmong village will be either by song tao or personal car, depending on availability and group choice. Bring enough money for either and also for lunch in the village.
Hike leader – Janet
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:50 in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
Please don’t be late as we leave on time.
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
- correct money for transport (at least 150 bt in small notes).
Filed under: All posts |