For our hike on Sunday, March 16th , we will meet at the Arboretum car park at 7:30 am , sharing/pooling cars and motorbikes and leaving at 7:40 am. We will drive up to Doi Pui Village from where our hike will start.
We are planning to have 2 groups, one for the faster hikers who are more focused on the physical exercise and one for the slower hikers who prefer to take some more time and enjoy the surrounding nature. The faster group will be lead by Anders . This group will walk to the Buddha Footprint, turn back to Doi Pui mountain and hike up to the peak. After the group has reached the peak , there will be a short refreshment break and then we will walk to the Doi Pui checkpoint , wander along the street for around 200 meters and turn right back to Doi Pui Village . The second group will be lead by Chan . The only difference to the faster group will be that this group will not go to the Buddha Footprint first , but hike directly up to the peak of Doi Pui , all the remaining parts of the hike being the same as for the faster group.
The total time estimated for Group 1 as well as Group 2 is 5 hours. Afterwards we will meet at a restaurant ( which we will agree on before we leave for the 2 hikes in the morning).
Hike Leader: Anders & Chan
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:30 for an 07:40 hours start in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park). . There is no need to let us know you are coming.
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
Please don’t be late as we leave on time.
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
- In case you are a passenger, please contribute to the costs of gasoline with THB 100 per person
Filed under: All posts |