This is a shorter and easier hike than a second one to be offered for the same day. We will meet at the arboretum at 7:50 for an 8am start and drive up to the temple parking lot. From there we will walk up to the palace via the forestry encampment. As we approach the palace area there are a few tricky places to climb across, but otherwise the path is easy. If the air is clear we may have a nice view from the cliff behind the restaurant area, where we can enjoy our snacks. The return to the starting point will follow a partly different route for variety. When we reach the parking lot it will probably be time for lunch in one of the restaurants there.
Hike leader: Janet
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:50 in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more and snacks
- correct money for transport (at least 80 bt and lunch).
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts |