The Sunday’s option for those hikers desiring a longer hike:
Meeting place and time is the same as for Janet’s shorter hike, i.e. 7:45 at the arboretum. We carpool up to the National Park Preservation Unit 1, where our hike will start. We will walk down on the road to Ban Mong Doi Pui and continue on the path that leads towards Buddha Footprint. Here we turn south on a firebreak that leads us down to the valley below the village. Then we will walk on the dirt road down to the waterfall. Lunch and swimming here. Afterwards we will hike up on a ridge in the north-east direction which will lead us back up to the starting point. This part is the tough one, but still easy hiking, because we follow a firebreak.
Time: 5 hours
Distance: 16 km.
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:45 in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- correct money for transport (at least 80 bt).
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts