For the upcoming Sunday, we will be offering two hikes. One will be the COW PAD RIDGE offered and led by Mike (invitation below) and the second one will be this one offered and led by Pam. The Doi Suthep Circular Hike is a short and easy hike with an estimated time of 2 hours 20 minutes. We will meet at the car park of the Arboretum, pool/share cars and motorbikes and drive up to the Doi Suthep car park. After we have left the Doi Suthep car park, we will cross the street and start our hike next to the staircase leading up to Doi Suthep temple . For the first 30 minutes, this will be a very easy walk with cool temperatures . Afterwards we will have to climb up a pretty steep slope for around 150 meters before we will come to a trail which will lead us to a dirt road. The dirt road will take us the the Doi Suthep main road, which we will have to cross. Shortly after, we will come to a nature trail where some stairs have been built recently. This trail will bring us to the Doi Suthep Herb Project. We will have to walk along the main street for around 50 meters, will pass by the Doi Suthep Park Headquarters and walk down back to the car park where we started in the morning.
Hike Leader: Pam
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 08:30 for an 08:40 hours start in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park). . There is no need to let us know you are coming.
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
Please don’t be late as we leave on time.
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts |