For our hike this week, we are planning to depart slightly from the standard . We will meet at the car park of the Arboretum at 8:30 am for a 8:40 am start. We will pool/share cars and motorbikes and drive to the Op Khan National Park ( probably 25/30 minutes driving time). We will hike for around 1.5 hours and intend to settle down along the Op Khan River for a picnic afterwards. For those who wish to cool down a bit as well may dare to jump into the river for a bath or swim. After we have enjoyed our food and drinks , we will walk back 1.5 hours to our cars and motorbikes. We would like to ask all hikers to bring along some food which we can share . Concerning the drinks, we will stop at a local shop shortly before we arrive at the National Park in the morning where we can buy drinks and ice. Please bring also swimming togs along in case you like to enjoy the cold water as well as a blanket or something similar to sit on. The total estimated hiking time will be around 3 hours, the total time of the excursion is hard to estimate as it depends on the time we will rest along the river.
Hike Leader: Pam & Janet
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 08:30 for an 08:40 hours start in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park). . There is no need to let us know you are coming.
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
Please don’t be late as we leave on time.
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts |