(In case if is raining heavily on Sunday morning, I might be changing the meeting time-please check on Sunday morning for any updates in the webpage)
Here is a fairly high level hike for the hot season. Though it does not have any streams or waterfalls to speak of, we might have some rain, or there might now be some water in the waterfall on the nature trail. There are a couple steep downs, but nothing dangerous. I would estimate the hike should take about 5 hours, and include a break at the top of Doi Suthep for snacks or a pack lunch. For those who want a second meal, there is always the restaurant at Doi Suthep temple parking lot when we return.
We will meet at the arboretum at 7:50 for an 8am start, and drive up to the parking lot, where the hike begins and ends. It is a good idea to bring rain gear and be aware that this is the time of year when we might encounter leeches too. Anders has offered to lead a diversion from the main path for the fast hikers.
Leaders: Janet and Anders
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:50 in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- correct money for transport (if you are a passenger give your driver 100 baht).
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts |