The hike will go on even it’s raining
We will meet in front of the 700 Year Stadium at 7:30 and car pool 30 min. to the starting point in Mae Rim district. The hike should take about 5 hours along shady trails, and include a break at a lovely reservoir in the foot hills of Doi Suthep/Pui National Park. There are no steep up-hills or down-hills on this hike, but leaves can make the trail slippery in places. Long pants are recommended, raingear, and insect repellent. Around noon we will reach the village of Mae Aen where there are a couple noodle shops to accommodate our group for lunch. Passengers are advised to help their drivers 100 baht for cost of petrol.
Hike Leader: Pam & Anders
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:30 Am for an 07:40 hours start at the car park in front of the 700 years Stadium ( please see the map).There is no need to let us know you are coming.
- Head straight out from the North West corner of the moat 2 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road (H.1004).
- Turn right onto the Canal Road H.121
- After 4.5 km you will see the traffic lights in front of 700 years stadium
- when you are at traffic lights of 700 years stadium you will see the big open area on canal road there where we will meet (Please make sure that you don’t go inside the stadium area ! Thank you).
(Please click on map to enlarge)
Please don’t be late as we leave on time.
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks.
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy,team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
- In case you are a passenger, please contribute to the costs of gasoline with THB 100 per person
Filed under: All posts |