For this Sunday’s hike First we plan to meet at the Arboretum car park at 08:20 am and leave at 08:30 am. From the Arboretum, we will walk up to Huai Kaeo Waterfall and afterwards we will go up the stairs to Wang Bua Baan Waterfall, where we will take a small break for 5-10 minutes. After we will walk up to the street and walk along the street for around 20 meters we will turn left into the forest and walk slowly uphill to the 5 ways junction where we will take a rest for our snack break for 10-20 minutes. After the break, we will be continue our hike to Doi Sutep temple. When we are at the temple area , we will go to one of the restaurants around Doi Sutep temple car park to have our lunch break. After lunch we will take a red taxi from Doi Sutep back down to the Arboretum car park, Money for the taxi 50 THB for person, This hike will take us totally around 5:00 hours depending on the group.
Hike Leader: Pam
If you want to join Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 08:20 for an 08:30 hours start in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park). There is no need to let us know you are coming.
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
Please don’t be late as we leave on time.
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
- 50 THB for taxi
Filed under: All posts |