This Sunday we will make a new fresh hike. A hike around Chiang Mai University observatory. A high altitude hike,but safety even if big rain is coming.
We will meet 08:00 am at the car park at of the Huay Kaew Arboretum (also known as the exercise park). The departure will be at 08:10.
We car pool up to our start point, the parking lot below Doi Suthep Temple.
We will hike upon the concrete road up to the Christian meditation center. Here we must find the hidden trail, which will lead us downhill south. After a while we reach a new junction with a new jungle trail, that will continue downhill south. The trail will soon meet the big mountain bike trail. From here we continue downhill in east direction. But we must be careful so we do not miss the secret trail on our left up to the observatory.
Here at the observatory we will have our snack break for 15 minutes. We need to refuel energy, because now we must hike up on a very steep trail. We will gain altitude of 200 meter in 1 km distance. On the top we will have wonderful views. From here it is an easy hike back to the parking area, and our nice restaurant!
The hike is on clear and safety trails. No steep sections downhill. Estimated time about 4 hour, depending on the group.
Hike leader Anders
If you want to join:
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 08:00 in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park). Car pool from here.
In case you are a passenger, please contribute to the costs of gasoline with THB 100 per person.
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
Please don’t be late as we leave on time.
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- good footwear , hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: All posts |