(As we will have a longer hike and share cars together , please bring a towel and a second shirt with you)
For our Hike on Sunday, November 9th, we will meet at the Arboretum Car Park at 07:20 AM for 07:30 start.
At the meeting point we will take a Songtao to our Starting Point , which will be near the Valley Cafe behind Doi Kamm. This will be a difficult hike . We will hike slowly uphill , but on continuously steep rising terrain. The hike itself ( without driving times, lunch etc) will have an estimated duration of 5 hours depending on group and weather conditions. The 5 hours are a rough estimation, we might end up with more . Once we have arrived at Phuping Palace, we will have our lunch and will afterwards take the same Songtao back to our Meeting Point. The estimated fare for the Songtao ( both ways, i.e. morning-and afternoon transport) will be 100-120 Baht/ per person.
Hike leader: Anders & Pam
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:20 in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more, snacks and picnic lunch
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, team spirit, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
- correct money for transport (at least 120 bt).
Filed under: All posts