This is an easier, alternative hike for this Sunday. We will meet at the Arboretum at 7:50am, car pooling or going by songtao to Ban Doi Pui where our hike begins from the lovely garden there. This is an easy hike along shady trails with a beautiful view from the rocks on the ridge of Doi Pa Kha where we will spend some time enjoying a snack before returning to Baan Doi Pui via Buddha footprint. Lunch will be in the village. Afterwards we return to the Arboretum. We should be back by 1 or 1:30.
Hike leader Janet
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day and on time.
We cannot accommodate groups.
This time we will meet at 07:50 in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more and snacks
- correct money for transport and lunch (at least 200 bt).
- good footwear etc. hat, rain wear, insect repellent and sun-block
- energy, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
Filed under: Hike Reports |